Junior Web Designer & Developer
(Joomla! & WordPress)
Salary: £20 - £25k (Depending on experience)
Hours: 39 per week, 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am to 4.00pm on Friday
Due to recent and exciting growth, we’re seeking a talented and passionate front end developer and designer to join our growing, fast paced & award-winning digital agency based just outside of Basingstoke. We are looking for someone who has experience with front-end best practises (or passionate & willing to learn) and who is able to craft bespoke designs from scratch.
What you’ll be doing
As a junior developer and designer you’ll be part of the web dev team, working closely with our creative lead to design and develop custom websites using the latest technologies and processes. You will be creating user-focused digital experiences for a diverse range of clients and industries everyday that will challenge your skill set and encourage you to think-outside-the-box. You will also be responsible for website updates, supporting clients and managing both Joomla & WordPress based websites.
Our ideal candidate will be hard working, motivated and highly organised.
The key job responsibilities will include
- Working with our web dev team to design and build websites on Joomla & WordPress CMS.
- Supporting the web dev team with website updates and page creation for all new projects.
- Planing and mapping out spot-on UX/UI strategies.
- Writing bespoke code for new and improved website features.
- Supporting your clients with website requests and support tickets.
- Communicating effectively with your creative lead, co-workers and clients.
- Accurately testing web projects for bugs, potential weak points and future improvements.
- Assisting the marketing team with website updates.
- Attending and presenting new ideas in development meetings.
- Providing an all-rounded, positive attitude to your work.
What you need to know
- Knowledge in HTML & CSS (critical).
- An understanding of UX/UI Design strategies.
- Joomla and/or Wordpress CMS experience.
- The ability to design entire websites from scratch with assistance from our creative lead.
- Good Photoshop, XD & Illustrator skills.
- Strong communication skills as you’ll be working closely with clients.
Useful current skills, but not crucial
- Experience with pre-processors and compilers such as PrePros.
- Experience with FTP.
- Knowledge in MySQL, DNS, cPanel & WHM (or similar).
- Experience or an understanding of ACF (Advanced Custom Fields).
- eCommerce platforms such as Shopify &/or WooCommerce.
- SVG & animation design.
- Video editing.
- 21 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Your birthday off! No one wants to work on their birthday, we get it.
- A relaxed and fun office environment.
- Regular social activities and days out of the office.
- Free coffee, tea and biscuits.
- Monthly trips to the pub or Nandos or wherever (depending on what we fancy).
- A new MacBook Pro or iMac loaded with all the tools you need.
- Training available. We understand that personal development is huge, so in-house training is offered.
- No project is the same. Every web project, big or small is different so you’ll always have the chance to design and build new and exciting features.
- Flexible working environments. Work in the office or remote, it’s up to you. For this role, we require a minimum of 3 days in the office every week for training/support, team meetings and general collaboration.
- Regular 1-2-1s with your team manager to make sure you’re happy.
- Finish early on a Friday.
As this role is office based, we would expect the ideal candidate to live within 1 hour from Basingstoke.
No Agencies please.